Thursday, January 22, 2009

Something to Think About

This evening after a delicious dinner of fajitas, I was serving the boys pudding cups. I accidentally dropped one cup, and it opened a bit, leaking some pudding onto the floor. My 4 yr old promptly stepped in it (duh) and was sent upstairs for new socks.

As he came down he asked, "Was that my pudding you spilled?"

I said no, because knowing that question was coming, I gave it to his brother who would never know the difference (can't wait for that day to come), and Champ just shrugged his shoulders and said, "Okay."

I chuckled to myself because he's so predictable, and then it occurred to me, "Oh my God, children are natural liberals!"

As long as he wasn't affected or getting less, he really didn't care about the spill. Just like all those people out there who don't care that some people will be taxed more, as long as their slice of the pie remains intact, they don't care who gets hurt.

So very, very interesting.

Simple minds, I guess.


No comments: