Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Why?

Why.

One tiny word, so much angst. My oldest never really went through the "Why?" phase. But I'm making up for it in spades with my 2 year old. Good Lord, how do you answer this question over and over and over?

"Princess Jasmin's pet tiger is Raja." Why?

"That's the name she gave him." Why?

"Um, maybe she thought it was pretty." Why?

Seriously? How can I do this? I feel guilty not answering a question. I mean, despite all evidence to the contrary, he is a sweetheart and I want to do everything for him, but this is maddening. I know I'm not the first mommy to go crazy about this, and certainly won't be the last, but really, could somebody please tell me how to answer this??


1 comment:

Dad29 said...

Yah.

You tell him that's the way girls are. Strange. Wierd. Cooties.

Worked for some kids I know.