Saturday, February 07, 2009

Still Alive

Yeah, I'm still around. My husband and I went on a little vacation last weekend to Scottsdale, AZ. Technically, my husband was there for a conference and I really didn't see much of him, but it was still lovely. I should note that we left the children behind. I threw some Cheerios down. They were fine.

We went out to dinner every night. I spend loads of time in bed. I showered and did my hair every day. I shopped alone and scored a pair of divine Michael Kors zebra striped heels for only $40. I toured the most beautiful place on earth, and my future home, Sedona. It was absolutely restorative, particularly the Sonoran Sands Body Scrub & Massage.

Now I'm back, and after only 7 days that vacation feels like it was months ago. All that sleep that I thought I was storing up on, completely wiped away. Sigh. Anyway, I've been trying to muster up my creative juices to blog a little, but I guess I don't have any... So I'm going to lame-out and make a little list of things that I like.

  • I like sunshine & being outside. Who knew? I'm kind of a couch potato and I'm as shocked by this news as the rest of you.
  • I like having a giant mug of hot chocolate just sitting on my counter, like all day. I reheat it at least a dozen times managing to take a few sips before getting pulled away to the next disaster.
  • I like reading other people's blogs, but only if they're really snarky, bitchy & funny.
  • I like my husband's whims & odd quirks. Dude doesn't often come out of his shell, but when he does, we're having a good time and spending money (another thing I like).
  • I like reading. I really prefer chic-lit and romance novels. Escapist stuff. But I'm in a book club and I've read a lot of really interesting books that I never would have picked out. That's the point of book clubs I suppose.
  • I like cooking and eating and drinking. I like to do that with friends and wish we went to or threw dinner parties. Not exactly in that place in our lives, but one day.
  • I like taking pictures of flowers and nature. I suppose it's easier than taking pictures of people, but the color of a flower and the way it's captured can be so remarkable to me.

Prickly Pear Cactus; Twisty Red Bark; Juniper Berries
Pictures from Sedona, AZ

  • I like fresh sheets. The smell that envelops you and the crispness. Just thinking about it makes me want to strip my bed and get washing right now.
  • I like my Facebook page. I like updating my status and I love that friends tell me they think I'm funny or interesting. I had a friend who made her status: "Melissa is wondering if anyone else checks facebook sometimes just to see what Janabelle has posted for her status. Always hilarious, S!!" This made my day. I still smile about it.
  • I like watching my 2 year old suck his thumb. He's so sweet.
  • I like Disney movies, obviously not the same one 17 days in a row as the viewers in my house are wont to do, but Disney is so funny!
  • I like the quiet of my house when everyone is napping.
  • I like opening all the windows on the first spring day (soon, very soon!).
  • I like collecting recipes, especially for desserts.


In Sedona, my future home.

No comments: