Thursday, October 02, 2008

Got Gas?


Would you drive all the way across town to get gas 8 cents cheaper a gallon? What about 5 cents? How about 2 cents?

I will. For any amount above. Nothing makes me more pissy than filling up at one gas station and then finding gas for even a penny cheaper down the road. Arrg!! Seriously, from the time my tank slips below the half full mark I'm scouting for the place I'll fill up. And I always fill up before making a road trip because I don't want to be forced to pay a higher price in another town.

Now really, does it matter? I mean, 8 cents a gallon for 16 gallons is only a little over a dollar. My husband likes to point out to me that I'm not even saving that much money. Shit, I probably have a $1.28 in spare change in my car. But saving is NOT the point. Why pay one penny more than I have to? And you can't take gas back, you can't get a refund. Not like ANY OTHER IDENTICAL PRODUCT SOLD OTHER PLACES. Am I wrong? It's all the same, right?

Does anyone else get it?

No comments: