Friday, July 18, 2008

I Like Alcohol


Obviously, I was in a bad mood today. (See "32 Hours Without Internet" for reasons why.) And really had no patience, particularly for my nearly 4 year old son's "baby talk".

"Teddy Grahams," he whined/cooed.

"What? I don't understand you when you talk like that." Even thought I did (it's a Mom thing).

"Teddy Grahams," he repeated, a little less whiny.

"Why are you saying that?" Suspicious.

"That just means I like them." He looks at me sweetly. I know he wants them, but it's 9am and even though I'm in crisis-mode, I'm not giving him a snack 45 minutes after he's had breakfast. And he knows it too.

"Well, I like alcohol," I mutter as I turn and walk up the stairs.

Behind me I hear, "Alcohol?" in that sickeningly cooey/whiny baby voice.

No comments: